A Heart Burdened

What burdens your heart?  Is it godly or worldly things or is it the God things of this world?  Last week I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Another Red Letter Day by Ben Nelson which  led me to his article “Is A Holocaust on the Horizon?” on Comments on Christianity.  I told my son about what was happening over in the middle-east and I read most of Ben’s post to him and the first thing he said was,

“That is just like what happened in WWII except they had to wear the Star of David.”  I said he was absolutely right.  He then asked, “Why would someone do that now because we’re not in WWll, right, Mom?”

What you have to understand is that my son is autistic and he takes everything literally, especially every word.  I explained that he was right, we are not in WWll but, unfortunately, there are people who do not believe in Jesus and some of those people don’t think anyone else should either.

Then he said, “Mom, we should pray for them now.”

I said, “Your right, Tom we should.”  Normally, I would have to do the praying while he would add amen and amen at the end of my prayer.  This time was different Tom took the lead, something he has never done before.

Tom started, “Jesus, don’t let these bad people do what Hitler did. Help them now, Jesus! Send Your Army of Angels to protect them. Amen and Amen!!!”

God is speaking through my son to show me that my prayers don’t have to be long ones God still hears my prayer as long as my heart has the right motive.

My son wants me to tell everyone that they need to pray for, “You know the people over in Iraq and Afghanistan and you know where?  Where Jesus was killed!”

Maybe if we all looked through the eyes of a child more often our hearts might become burdened like my son’s heart was and is.

Will you let your heart become burdened for Him today?

Advertisements

About debbestillandlisten

Worshipper and follower of Jesus Christ. God has given this Christian the privilege of loving and caring for my amazing son. I absolutely love to worship our Lord and Savior and to be in His presence; there is nothing better!
This entry was posted in Encouraging Word, Inspirational and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to A Heart Burdened

1. Ben Nelson says:

wow – you are bringing tears to my eyes, to hear of such passion from this young man of God is thrilling.

2. Ben Nelson says:

Reblogged this on Another Red Letter Day and commented:
    I am moved by Deb and the story she relates here.

Liked by 1 person

3. Alex Dekkers says:

God bless you and your son. A very powerful, blessed and encouraging blog! Indeed God listens to our prayers even the short one. It’s not the size, but the sincerity with which we are praying to God. May God really bless the Middle East and help people to live in peace with each other!

4. Debbie says:

Thank you so much for sharing this very special time with your son and God, with us! Praying now for Him to burden my heart today, for Him and those He loves. God bless you and Tom, Deb!

5. Very beautiful Deb. As another mother of an autistic son who has simple faith and loves to pray, I doubly appreciate what you are sharing here. What a precious young man!

6. Thanks for sharing this wonderful testimony Deb. Tell Tom there are two more people here in Oz who are praying alongside him and give him an Aussie hug.

7. I am almost weeping as I think of Tommy’s forward progress Deb.

8. Reblogged this on Lillie-Put and commented:
    Through the eyes of a child.